How to pick the best movers
Tips to make your move the best move
Whether yours is a local move or out of state, residential or business, big or small, you want to get your items from one place to the other smoothly, safely and with the least amount of hassle. You’ll want to be able to identify the best movers to handle your belongings and along the way help you save time and money. If you have a lot of things, heavy furniture or specialized equipment like a piano, pool table or gym equipment, you will want to choose your moving company with care since not all firms are trained to handle these items.
As you make your selection of the best moving company for you, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Consider Your Options – Check BBB and online reviews. Ask friends and family for references of moving companies they’ve used. A positive first hand experience is always a good indicator of service quality.
- Get Multiple Estimates – Moving company quotes can sometimes vary widely with different rates, discounts, coupons, etc. When setting your budget, take into account additional charges for things like moving supplies (boxes). Also look at the fine print/contract details. Be sure to ask about hourly rates, flat rates, binding, non-binding, etc.
- Interview the Mover, ask questions. Here are a few things to watch out for:
- Do they ask to be paid in cash up front before the move? Watch out.
- Do they have a busy office and warehouse, or do they seem to be just guys with a truck?
- If you are moving out of state, did you get a copy of “Your Rights and Responsibilities When you Move” which is required under Federal law?
- Do they subcontract the work? This may be a sign that service quality will be an issue.
- Read the Fine Print – Your movers will give you a bill of lading – this is a legal contract between the customer and the mover that lists what goods are being transported on your behalf by the moving company. Make sure the pricing details are correct and that you understand how their claims process works should anything go wrong.
- Ensure That The Movers Know What They’re Moving – The price will rise if anything that was not on the original estimate inventory list is added during the day of the move. Additional items can also add time to the move, which can become costly.
- Get Insured – Your belongings may be covered at home with homeowner’s insurance, but the route in between your old home and the new one is not. Always make sure you get adequate coverage to handle damages to your belongings during the move. Check with either the movers or another company and get moving insurance to protect your home on the road.
- Moving Dates – If you can move midweek, middle of the month, or in winter, the price/rates will be significantly cheaper as opposed to weekends, beginning/end of the month, and during the summer when movers are the busiest.
Moving is no easy process, and can be stressful and expensive; it pays to spend a little extra time picking a mover that can work with your timetable, fit your budget, and suit your needs. Move 4 Less is Las Vegas’ best moving company, specializing in local Las Vegas area relocation and storage. Get a Quote today, or call (702) 889-6683 ext. 304 for more information.