Moving Checklist: Before and After Checklist
We here at Move 4 Less pride ourselves in providing and maintaining 1st class customer service. Our mission is to ensure that our clients are supplied with all the necessary information needed to make the most out of their moving experience. Move 4 Less ensures a knowledgeable, professional, hassle free, and stress-less move from the initial quote to the end of your move by providing clients with moving tips. This week’s moving tip focuses on Moving Checklist After The Move; just because you’ve moved into your new residence doesn’t mean there aren’t things still left to do.
• Make sure you fill out a change of address post card from the office. (If possible) do try to check at your old residence to ensure all your mail is being forwarded including any subscriptions such as the newspaper and magazines as well as purchase orders you may have made.
• Make sure to keep all receipts and documentation related to your move in one file and keep it in a secure location for IRS purposes.
• Get a new drivers license, tags and/or plates for your vehicles (if you have moved out of state).
• Fine new health care professionals in your area including: Doctors, Dentists, Veterinarians, etc.
• Take care of your finances by setting up new accounts, transferring money, ordering new checks with your new address, etc.
• Find and register your child/children for school as this can be time consuming and may have a cut off date.
• Set up all your utilities so that you have the essential needs when you move in such as power, gas, and water.
• After your utilities have been turned on, check all major appliances to ensure they are in working order.
Moving? We Can Help!
Move 4 Less is a Las Vegas moving company helping residents and businesses move
for more than 20 years with a 97% referral rate.