Advantages of Temporary Storage When You Move
You’re moving soon and have to make a lot of logistics decisions. Have you considered temporary storage as a possible solution to some of the challenges you face with a big move? You will find that there are many ways short term storage can help save time, money and trouble. Here are some ways to use temporary storage to make your move easier.
Seven Advantages of Temporary Storage
Here are seven ways using temporary storage can be a smart move:
1. Feeling overwhelmed with packing? Use temporary storage as a halfway point to store extra things and get them out of the way. This can include clothing that is not in season, sports equipment, furniture that is not essential, and basically any extra possessions you don’t need before the move. You won’t need to pay the mover for items in storage, so it’s a great chance to remove things you may not need later but with all the other tasks involved in your move you don’t have time to deal with yet. After the move, you can take your time to go through the items in storage and decide if you want them in the new house, or you can sell or discard them instead.
2. If you’re trying to sell your home, real estate experts advise to make your home look as clean and uncluttered as possible. With clutter gone, your home looks bigger and potential buyers aren’t distracted by your things, but instead can picture their own belongings in the home. Emptying closets, removing extra or worn furniture and uncluttering shelves and other areas by moving the excess items to temporary storage may help you sell your home faster and for a higher price.
3.Sometimes you are in the unfortunate situation of having to move twice. Your house sold, happily, but you can’t get into your new one until later. Putting your belongings into storage during this transition can make life simpler while you are in temporary housing. Coordinate temporary storage with your mover who can take care of all the details and your belongings during the delay so you don’t have to.
4. If you are in the military, or have a job that is relocating you temporarily, it may make sense to store your belongings while you are out of town. This will make it easier so you can get into and out of temporary housing more quickly and with less hassle. And since you won’t have to haul them around where they can get damaged or lost, you’ll know your belongings are safe back home while you are on the road.
5. If you have gotten married or otherwise consolidated households with someone else, it doesn’t make sense to try to fit two sets of everything into one home. You might now have multiple appliances, sofas, and other items. You both will probably need time to sort out which ones to keep and what to do with the extras. Temporary storage is a great solution for those items where you can take time to sort through and make decorating decisions as you settle in.
6. High rent areas charge a lot for small homes, but maybe that’s where you want to be. Downsizing is a small price to be to be able to live in that nice part of town. You shouldn’t have to make a choice as to which possessions you can keep, simply because you are living somewhere with inadequate square footage. Place your extra items in storage while you move only the essentials into your downsized new home. Storage is an inexpensive way to house things like winter clothing, seasonal sports equipment, baby furniture and family heirlooms that you don’t need currently in your home. Seniors who move into shared living spaces or senior condos find storage a great way to hang onto family memories without the clutter.
7. You can use temporary storage to house some of your possessions in order to organize and prepare them for sale. Some people store collectibles, handicrafts or artwork that they want to present for shows. Moving is a great time to move these kinds of items to storage and have them out of the way but available when you need them.
Temporary Storage and Moving Services in Las Vegas
If you need temporary storage, Move 4 Less storage in Las Vegas offers the best of both worlds. The facility is a private warehouse, so it is more secure than a self-storage facility. The warehouse is climate-controlled, so your things won’t be damaged by heat, cold or excess moisture. Move 4 Less storage facility is manned and secure, with alarms, video surveillance and live on-site security.
Move 4 less temporary storage can be short or long term. You only pay for the storage as long as you need it; all storage options can be prorated to reflect the actual time you need to store your things. Unlike self-storage facilities, you only need to pay for the actual space you use, as you will be charged for the cubic feet measurement instead of having to pay for a whole storage unit that might end up half-empty.
Even if you haven’t considered it before, short term storage solutions can make your life easier and save you money. Call for a free storage quote today and make your nex
Moving? We Can Help!
Move 4 Less is a Las Vegas moving company helping residents and businesses move
for more than 20 years with a 97% referral rate.